Why did I choose my major?

 Dear readers! It is me again. Today I want to tell you about how I decided to study music theory. It wasn't always like that, I remember that when I was little I never thought about a specific professional career, because I dressed up as different professions every day. But growing up, when I was ten years old, I was on vacation and I began to watch the Viña del Mar Festival. It was there that the violin caught my attention for the first time, and I decided that I wanted to play that instrument. 

At school I joined an orchestra at the age of eleven and also received violin classes. It was great, I participated in several musical meetings and I am very grateful for the teaching that was given to me during those years. Then I joined another orchestra, and the difficulty became even greater. I participated in several tours in the south of Chile and then took private lessons on my own with some teachers. Music has been with me ever since and has given me many beautiful moments. Then I auditioned for one of the government orchestras, and I decided that I wanted to continue professionally in music. In any case, if I had not dedicated myself to music, my second option would be to be a chef. 

You will ask yourselves then, why do you study Music Theory if you play the violin? but the truth is that while I was growing up I realized that I'm not only interested in academic learned music, but all kinds of music, and I didn't want to dedicate myself to just one. I love the career I study, and it makes me very happy. At the Universidad de Chile, where I study, I've learned a lot and I don't feel in a bubble like I did with the violin before, in any case, I love playing in orchestras. The only thing that discourages me are the few facilities that the faculty gives you, I wish they would allocate more money to the art's faculty.

 


 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3: My Favorite Piece of Technology

Post 4: A picture I like

Post 2: The Best Concert ever